Thursday, July 06, 2006

Studio Friday: Time

After I became a Mommy, time has become split into two categories: time spent on things I need to do, and time spent on things I want to do. And so for my less-often-but-more-precious freetime, I've learned to do the most important things first. What I've found to be the most important thing to do when I end up with freetime is to spend time with Jesus, letting Him renew me. In time spent drawing near to God, seeking His face and soaking in His Word, I have literally seen Him "take an ordinary day and turn it into flowers like the month of May"--as one Bethany Dillon song goes. He makes me new. He makes all things new. It's only in this time with God that we can be filled up again after the duties or worries of the day empty us out. So this quick drawing is my interpretation of my allowing the Lord, through His Word make me new, as the left side is a cold and dry place leading to the right side which is watered, warm and beautiful. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Every single day we have the choice: to choose life or death. "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live. That you may love the Lord your God and that you may obey His voice and that you may cleave unto Him for He is your life and length of your days." ~Deuteronomy 30:19 "Choose you this day whom you will serve;... As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home