Friday, July 07, 2006

Studio Friday: 7layers

(click to view larger) I am curious... is Strawberry Shortcake pretty much an American thing? Let me know by leaving a comment please :) This week's StudioFriday topic is "7-layer salad." Including the plate, this dessert is seven layers, and it is assembled with different layers of textures. My favorite media technique, these textures are scanned fabrics and I assemble them and adjust the hue/saturation/lightness in Photoshop. The line is a pencil drawing. And finally, I always love a matchup of typeface and image.

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 07, 09:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really could just eat this up! YUM!
I have thought about scanning fabrics but, haven't gotten around to it.. You have created a delightful, yummy virtual quilt piece. Sweet to eat :)

 
At Sat Jul 08, 04:24:00 AM, Blogger Anke Martin said...

Ahhhhh, that lookssss soooooo delicious!!! Scanning fabric? What a great idea! And the result is amazing!

 
At Sat Jul 08, 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Oh - this is yummy! I love your sense of color and the shapes. Just perfect!!! Terrific post!

 
At Tue Jul 11, 06:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what a "shortcake" would be, but we sure have a lot of cakes with cream and strawberrys on here in Sweden too - so summery for exams, weddings and just garden parties.

love your pictures!

 
At Tue Jul 11, 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Stacia said...

Really cute! I like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home