Monday, September 04, 2006

Illustration Friday: Safe

These three brides' attendants are keeping the flowers safe out of the water. These characters and the scenario are from a book I am working on ... (a book about what? It's a secret.) Maybe you'll run across these girls again when it is published :) I just drew this in pen (below), then I wanted to at least add color/mood/something more to it for posting. So in Photoshop I added a color on top, on the Screen filter. This makes the line colored (below). What a neat difference in the feel of it already! then I added an overall color on top of that, on the Multiply filter (below), but then on that layer I brightened up the selection of the background area (below) to add contrast. And finally, I accentuated key elements with a medium pink (below).

1 Comments:

At Tue Sep 05, 05:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little characters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home