Tuesday, January 30, 2007

illustrationfriday: RED

This design for the word "Red" was an experiment in color and in a new style, just for fun. I like the look of block prints a lot so I recreated the look of one using marker. Here is an original marker drawing of the ruby red grapefruit square: I then scanned these in and played with them digitally to see different styles/feelings I could get with color differences. Here are some color options I came up with: After I brainstormed 9 different fruits and vegetables that are red, I liked them all together in a grid that I happened to make. Then the thing that I became most excited about was my idea to have each one a different variation of the hue "red." Each red piece of produce is, in reality, a different hue, plus I love color!

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 30, 05:04:00 PM, Blogger juliemc said...

very fun, and creative. nice primitive style. it makes the best out of the color!

 
At Tue Jan 30, 06:46:00 PM, Blogger arvindh said...

Good one!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home